Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm Back! Hopefully for the Long Haul.

So it's been a hectic past month. My apologies to all three of my faithful readers and the hole my lack of blogging has created in their life.

I have a lot of adventures to report on, so I hope to recap them over the the next few days. I can't do it all now, as it has been a long day with a wonderfully educational sexual harrassment class this afternoon, and I need to go lay on my couch and watch the Angels lose tonight.

So the weekend after my last blog was spent floating on Lake Shasta. It was my 8th time houseboating on the Shasta and possibly was the best one. Although my best friend JH and I say that everytime we go. Maybe our memories are going. But the trip was indeed one that we will always remembers. Dancing, eating burgers, drinking, swimming, keg rodeo, many games of Cups and many other of the normal staples were there again.

However, Cups was definitely taking to the next level. Sat. night was the 4-member team tourney and the Dynasty, a team that has never lost at Shasta, was beaten (finally) by the Justice League of Cups. A team consisting of MO, YT, KM and LM. It was a victory for those 4, but more importantly it was a victory for all those people at Shasta, who have never hooked up, for those who have never done a keg rodeo for longer than two seconds, for those who have never done a keg stand for longer than 10 seconds, for those people who have never had the guts to get naked in the middle of the day, for those who nearly drown in their cape, for those who just have no rhythm on the roof of the houseboat. All of you who I have just named REJOICE! IT IS YOUR TIME!

The following night Cups was reinvented once again at Shasta. First we had one-man time trials creating some ungodly 4 cup flip-times I believe about 6 sub 9 second rounds. These time trials led to a seeded one-on-one tourney which was amazing. The excitement, pressure, and pure joy created this was unparrelled by anything except for that time SZ threw his wang on the barbie. PT was victorious in a ultimate battle of royale versus BN. They both displayed their aptitude of drinking very fast, trash talking, and consuming large amounts of alcohol while still staying competitive. Well done, Gents.

There were 7 new people who all had a great time, I'm happy to report, but there were many more Shasta Veterans who couldn't make it and believe me, when I say you were all missed.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to recap my two Pearl Jam concerts and my visit to the Oregon Coast.

Currently Listening To: Never by The Cure

1 Comments:

Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I am glad you are back.

9/22/2005 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home