Monday, October 17, 2005

Various Thoughts and Shasta Pics

I wanted to post some long overdue pics from Shasta '05. I'm not sure if there was more drinking involved or what this year, but the selection was a tad lacking compared to years past. I also forgot my camera which didn't help matters. I did get an hour of video footage mostly of the Cups tournaments, but I'm not sure how to post that shit. Before I get to the pics though I wanted to drop a few thoughts....

The Franz Ferdiand album that came out a couple weeks ago is amazing. The more I listen to it the more I love it and them. And my love for them was further solidified by seeing them 2 thursdays ago, when I went to see them BY MYSELF! I still can't believe I couldn't get anyone to accompany me. Luckily once they started playing I quickly forgot that I was solo and not sober. One of the best live shows I have ever witnessed in the city of San Francisco.

Sat. night I saw Tegan and Sara on the campus of UC Berkeley with JB and BN. They are two sisters who grew up in Calgary and they rock. I had seen them a few years ago at Bridge School but it was acoustic and didn't do them justice. I was thouroughly impressed with how well they sounded and their very appealing and confident stage presence. After the show my plan was to head to the Mission and meet up with a large group of friends for a b-day party at Medjool, a farily new, hip restaurant/bar. My plans were twarted by Medjool's overzealous dress code. I was allowed in the bar/restaurant but not on the uber-suave(I'm assuming since they wouldn't let me up there) roof deck. The Flip-Flops and t-shirt weren't flying. I wasn't even wearing a headband that night. From there I went to the grand re-opening of the DeYoung Art Mueseum in Golden Gate Park, just to be twarted again. I arrived at 1:30 am and they told me that it was a 4.5 hour wait since there were about 1000 people in line in front of me. I'm not joking that's what the security lady told me. Anyways the weekend was still a good one as the weather was great and I wasn't at work. Here's to next weekend being a little more friendly as far as admittance goes.

On to the pics:






My two favorites are of course the last two. CE taking full advantage of this year's boats hottubbin' capabilities, and the capes and speedos shot is of course a very common occurence. Already looking forward to next summer. BS is the one on the slide.

Currently listening to: Evil by Interpol

1 Comments:

Blogger jacquie said...

freaking off of how much lower the water is than it was when we were there in June. jeezus.

10/18/2005 3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home