Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Fall Classic

So for the first time since the dawn of the Wild-Card format the two teams I wanted to go to the World Series at the onset of the playoffs, made it to the World Series. I'm very excited for the World Series to commence. And I've heard a lot of suppossed baseball fans complain about how boring this series is going to be. And I've told more than one person that if they aren't excited about this Series, then they aren't true fans of the sport. Which is fine. My Dad hates baseball. I still like him. These teams feature two offenses who have been doing the right things at the right time. Two above-average defenses. Houston's actually being even better than that. Two amazing starting rotations and two great bullpens (although most of us have forgotten what the south-siders look like as they only pitched 2/3 of an inning in the ALCS!) Anyways, I'm excited and I wish more people were.

Yesterday I decided to go see the Wallace and Grommitt movie. Now, I had never ever seen the TV show or whatever it was that made them and Nick Park famous in the first place, but I did see Chicken Run and I loved it. So I thought I'd give this a whirl. I liked this as well. Firstly, I love English Humor and it was just a great movie. Not trying to be anything it wasn't (what does that mean?). It was just a cute, funny and entertaining film and better than 80% of the movies I've seen this year. I'd give it a B+.

I wasn't originally planning on drinking tonight for a few reasons: I got a tad overserved on Tuesday, a lot of out-of-town friends are rolling in tomorrow, and I was going to go to a play tonight in Berkeley by myself. However, I just called the theatre and it is sold out. That coupled with the fact that today at work was no fun, AT ALL. I think I need to get drunk.

I haven't talked to anyone yet, about what might be going on. However, that is the great thing about this city and the nearly 6 years I've lived here. I can guarantee that I will find a few people that I call friends out this evening. Where and when that might be is the fun part. Wish me luck.

Currently Listening To: "Little Speaker" by Underworld

5 Comments:

Blogger jacquie said...

so? so? SO????? How does the story end? Did you find people to get drunk with?? I'm DYING to know!

10/20/2005 11:25 PM  
Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Partying like a rock star is suppose to catch up with you.

10/21/2005 1:36 PM  
Blogger Nades said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/21/2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Nades said...

I can run really really fast.

10/21/2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Funny...

10/24/2005 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home