Wednesday, November 02, 2005

One Hell of a Weekend

So this past weekend could be classified as out of control. Of course, all Halloween weekends in San Francisco can this be said. This weekend for me at least was taken up a notch. It all started on Thursday with a company party. It was a 5-hour catered open-bar with music provided by the cover band The Cheeseballs. Well since it was free I chose to drink vodka all night. Not a good idea. I felt fine all night at least 'til about 12. The party was a lot of fun and it was interesting meeting all the significant others. At midnight the party came to a close and the true revelers cabbed to R Bar about this time things started going downhill, I know this because I don't remember being there. From there a few of us went to my place for late night. BAD BAD IDEA. This is something I haven't done for a long time. For good reason. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea. But I paid for it the next day with a long talk with my land lady and heartfelt apoligies to all my housemates. I felt like shit all day friday, due to the fact that I was working on 5 hours of sleep and I thought I was going to get kicked out of my apartment. Everything is fine now and I feel better. But I'm never doing that again.

After taking off work early on Friday, I went home and took a nap. From there I went to my friends MC and ER's house for a little costume dressing/pre-funk. I don't have any pics of me in my costume so hopefully I will post those tomorrow. I was an angel though, and a good one I thought. About 15 of us rolled from the pre-funk to a house party in the Inner Richmond. Rumor has it they spent over a grand on booze, and I believe it. It was a great party but at around 11 it just got too crowded and I was still feeling a little under the weather from the last night. So I took off around midnight, when I left there were probably over 200 people in this house, it was a big house but a little over the top for my condition.

The next day was spent watching football and then a venture to the R Bar for a few drinks. That night was another house party thrown at BN, SU and PG's house. I liked this party a lot better since I knew more than half the people there. It was an absolute blast. The costumes were great, a shout-out to GP who was Adam, Prince of Eternia and was perfect ( a pic of him hopefully tomorrow too). The party ceased a little after 2, a group of us headed to Lucky Penny for some late night eats and then home.

I woke up the next morning to find my beloved Raiders winning on the TV, and then I headed to R Bar to watch the Saints lose again. They just look horrendous and it makes me really sad that they just can't put it together. I went and saw North Country that night. I'd give it a B. Charlize turned in another oscar-worthy performance. She is definitely letting it be known that she's one of the best young actresses.

Actual Halloween was very mellow. GP, DK, KM and I headed to Saw 2 and it was pretty good. I was expecting a horror film, but more of a psychological thriller. B- I'd say. Then we had pizza at DK and KM's house in Oaktown. It was great to finally see their place.

Last night I was still in the scary movie mood, so I watched the original Saw (it's not important about the order). And I liked it even more. B+. Seriously a very well-made thriller. And I was kept guessing the entire film, even though I had already seen the 2nd one. I think the past weekend might have turned me into an idiot.

I'm stoked for tonight. KW, GP, DR and I are headed back to Oaktown for the Warriors - Hawks game. $24 for tickets. Not bad at all. And the excitement for this Warriors season is greater than probably the past 7 or 8 seasons.

Also, in 48 hours I'll be back in Eugene for another debaucherous Duck Football weekend.

Currently Listening To: Church by Outkast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home